One of the most exciting, yet unexplored applications of artificial intelligence is in healthcare. At Stanford, a newly established collaboration between the School of Medicine and the Computer Science department focuses on developing cutting edge computer vision and machine learning technologies to solve some of healthcare's most urgent and critical problems. PAC, Stanford's Partnership for AI-assisted Care, is co-directed by Prof. Arnold Milstein, a nationally recognized scholar and leader in healthcare innovation, also director of the Clinical Excellence Research Center at Stanford, and by Prof. Fei-Fei Li, a globally-distinguished researcher in computer vision and machine learning, also director of the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab. For more information, please visit http://vision.stanford.edu/pac. PAC is now seeking 1-2 postdoctoral scholars to work with us to develop advanced computer vision algorithms in real-world healthcare settings.
- The postdoc(s) will work primarily with Dr. Fei-Fei Li and Dr. Arnold Milstein, focusing on the engineering and algorithm aspects of diverse clinical applications.
- The postdoc's primary group will be at the Vision Lab in the Computer Science Dept, lead by Dr. Fei-Fei Li.
- The postdoc is expected to publish at top computer vision and machine learning conferences (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, etc.) as well as medical journals in collaboration with PAC-affiliated healthcare researchers.
- The postdoc is expected to act as a leader in the project(s) s/he is involved in, working with multiple collaborators ranging from CS graduate and undergraduate students and clinicians in and outside of Stanford.
- We have ample funding for an extended postdoc.
- Starting in summer 2016, the earlier the better.
An ideal candidate should have strong background in a subset of the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree in one or some of combination of the following: robotics (mostly drones), computer vision, speech recognition, machine learning, and deep learning.
- A publication track record in top technical conferences.
- Passion for making impactful changes in the interdisciplinary field of AI for healthcare.
- Excellent software engineering skills, especially fluent with modern deep learning packages.
- Good experience with sensors like kinect cameras, thermal cameras, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- No clinical training is required. But some behavioral or medical or social sciences background, or interests, is a plus.
- Long term goal of becoming a faculty or research scientist.
- Passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives.
If interested, please send an academic CV and 3 reference letters to both Dr. Fei-Fei Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Arnold Milstein (email@example.com).